2017 Work Programme
NZTech’s vision is a prosperous New Zealand, underpinned by technology. The NZTech team is running a number of initiatives in 2017 to help achieve this.
As a leading voice for over 400 organisations across the technology landscape, NZTech connects, promotes and advances technology. Why? To help create a prosperous New Zealand.
The tech sector makes up 8% of the country’s GDP and contributes over $6.3 billion in exports.
The organisations we represent collectively employ more than 67,000 and together they are redefining the world we live in. To connect, promote and advance the tech sector we focus our work on three key areas;
- Education, skills and talent
- Business growth and exports
- Strong government relations
We aim to stimulate an environment where technology provides important productivity and economic benefits for New Zealand.
This involves numerous projects, research and events. Here is an overview of our 2017 work programme;
Alliances & Forums
- Building a national NZ Technology Alliance – Extension of the NZTech Alliance from 12 to 15 core tech associations
- FinTech New Zealand – New industry group launch
- Internet of Things (IOT) Alliance – New alliance launch
- Artificial Intelligence Forum – New forum launch
Research & Publications
- New Zealand’s Digital Skills Requirements survey
- Supported the Costs of Government Procurement Processes survey (an NZRise Survey)
- Digital Nation Report – 2017 update
- The Impact of IoT for NZ – Research & report publication
- The Impact of AI for NZ – Research & report publication
- Forecast Skills Needs publication
- Accelerating uptake of Digital Tech in Schools briefing paper
- Better use of Government Data briefing paper
- Addressing Cyber Skills Shortages briefing paper
- The NZ SAAS ecosystem – Research & report publication
- Briefings with the various Ministers and agencies
- Ministerial Advisory Group on Trade
- Digital Technology Curricula Implementation Reference Group
- Digital Skills Forum – with MBIE, MoE, TEC, DIA and others
- Ministerial International Trade Delegation
- New Zealand Tech Manifesto – Policy preparation for election
- Developing the NZ Tech Story
- Techweek’17 6-14 May- Nationwide roll-out of Techweek event, previously a single-city event.
- ShadowTech Day – A program that provides young women in years 9 -11 with an opportunity to experience what working in the tech sector could be like. Extending from three to six regions.
- FinTech delegation planning
- EdTech delegation planning
- 2nd NZTech Advance Government and Technology Summit in February
- 2nd NZTech Advance Education and Technology Summit in June
- 3rd NZTech Advance Cyber Security Summit in October
- Looksee – Campaign to attract thousands of high quality senior developers to NZ
- Plus, over 50 member events across multiple cities and topics
Want to know more? Sign up for the NZTech weekly update, it’s free and will take less than a minute!Tags: AI research, Digital Nation, Digital Skills, IOT research